The Best Sites to Make Real Money Online [Part 2]
Published 27 August 2018 in money
Welcome to the second part of my list of the best sites to make real money online! For this part, I've found two other legitimate ways of making money online recently. Note that for this list, the jobs require a lengthy application or qualification process in order to be accepted to start working with the company, but that shouldn't stop you from trying because the rewards outnumber those of the first two sites on this list.
I can't overstate how much I love Rev right now. Rev.com has four different freelance positions that all allow you to work from home: transcription, captioning, subtitling, and translating. In order to work as a freelancer on Rev.com, you must go through a lengthy application process for the positions you want to have individually. Transcriptionists must type out English transcriptions of prerecorded audio files or videos. Captioners must type out and time English closed captions for video or audio files. Subtitlers have similar responsibilities as captioners, but their focus is on translating from English to other languages, and positions vary based on what language Rev.com is looking for. Lastly, translators translate written documents to and from English. Job payment depends on the amount of cents per minute of the audio or video recording for transcriptionists, captioners, and subtitlers, but for translaters are paid depending on the amount of cents per word to translate.
- Work whenever you want if you want. According to site rules, your account cannot be terminated for inactivity.
- Payment is weekly and done through PayPal.
- You have one account for all the freelance positions you have.
- There's a possibility of promotion from Rookie to Revver to Revver+ and finally to a grader if you meet all the requirements for each level.
- It's possible to earn a livable income working full-time on Rev. Some people have made $500 a week, and I was surprised when I made $100 in my first week!
- The rating system can be a hassle, especially since there's a strict set of guidelines you must follow in each position. If your work is less than perfect for a while, you will lose your account for that position.
- You must be a fast typist with a good headset and the ability to ignore distractions to be able to earn a livable amount of money.
- You must do your own taxes.
Appen is different from the other three jobs on this list because its most popular work from home positions are part-time jobs rather than freelance. This means that you will have a set schedule you must abide by in order to work in several positions. The most popular remote positions at Appen seem to be the web search evaluator and the social media evaluator, the latter being the position I myself have held. I cannot go over the details of these positions, as a lot of what you do at Appen is confidential, but just know that the job postings typically describe all you need in order to be considered for the job and receive an Appen Global account. Additionally, there is usually a lengthy qualification process you must pass before you are allowed to work on a project.
- The pay is pretty good - above the minimum wage in your state.
- Their part-time positions require them to take income tax out of your earnings, so you don't have to worry about that like you would doing freelance.
- You can adjust your hours of availability on your Appen Global account and have some flexibility with when you do your hours.
- You get monthly payments.
- Getting replies to your emails takes forever, and sometimes the various helpdesks that the company has don't offer much help.
- A project that you're working on can be terminated at any time depending on how quickly it's finished, so you're never guaranteed a stable position for too long.
- There are sometimes problems and glitches that disrupt operations, and these can be very frustrating and cost you precious time.
- "Productivity Tips from a Full-Time Revver with a $500 Weekly Goal" by Jacob Olsen on Rev.com
- "The Best Sites to Make Real Money Online [Part 1]" by Liz on ByLiz.org